Welcome to SCTTA
Welcome to the Sussex County Table Tennis Association Website (SCTTA). It has been up and running since April 2013. Information about SCTTA can be found below.
23rd April - TT England - National Council Meeting 29th April
Please see below the papers for the forthcoming National Council (NC) Meeting this coming Saturday. If there are any issues to be taken up then please let Tony Catt or your County League Representative know. The main issues are the reduction in funding from Sport England and terms times for Representatives. Reports are:
- Para TT;
- Universities & Colleges;
- English Schools;
- NC Feedback;
- NC Minutes January;
The latest "Over The Net" Newsletter from TTE can also be found here.
23rd April - Horsham Spinners 2 Star 2nd April - Report
Rory Scott held a 2 Star at Collyers College on the 2nd April. Please find his report here. The winners and runners-up for the various categories are as shown below:
- U11 - Winner: Charlie Nabarro; Runner-Up: Max Wilson:
- U12 - Winner: Max Wilson; Runner-Up: Abbie Hurley;
- U13 - Winner: Ollie Michell; Runner-Up: Zach Hodges;
- U14 - Winner: Charlie Graham-Adams; Runner-Up: Alessio Marrocco;
- U15 - Winner: Alex Ahl; Runner-Up: Charlie Graham-Adams;
21st April - Eastbourne League - Extraordinary General Meeting
Note that an Extraordinary General Meeting has been called for the Eastbourne League and which is being held at Willingdon School on Wednesday 26th April starting at 7.30 pm.
21st April - Derek Tyler - Obituary
Diane Webb has notified Sussex County of the passing away of Derek Tyler, who carried out many roles for the Hasting League and for Sussex County ran the Sussex Open from 1957 to 1975 for which he was made a Vice President of the County. He also was involved with the ETTA particularly on their Appeals Committee. Please find Obituary here.
21st April - Sussex Coaching Framework
At the last County Meeting on the 20th March, a discussion document was put foward by Kevin Long from Hastings and Maureen Hazell, the County Coaching Secretary who has also been running some Coaching Sessions as per the County Plan (see News Item below). There was good discussion and the meeting agreed that it should be developed further. The main need was seen to be facilitation of a unified county approach and to create a better pathway from Club to County. The following points were noted during the discussion:
· A panel of County Coaches be developed to oversee Coaching practice and delivery across the county;
· Only qualified Coaches will be used to lead County sponsored sessions and different Coaches may be required for different categories. Sparrers with Coaching qualifications may also be supported;
· Coaches will be reimbursed after sessions are delivered and not in advance;
· County to reimburse the renewal of Coaching Licences as incentive to remain on the County Coaching panel;
· County to facilitate Coaching Courses to encourage take up rate including aspects such as Safeguarding and CPD;
· SCTTA committee members supporting County Coaching or County events to be supported with safeguarding criteria;
· Recent contribution for support £250) of a Coach for L3 Coaching Qualification to be quested to contribute 10 hours in lieu (and it was agreed that no further assistance would be provided similarly in future unless Coach was already supporting County Sessions);
It was agreed that registration of Coaches should continue and the further development of the proposal should take place for discussion at the next County meeting.
21st April - Sussex Coaching
As per the County Plan that was put in place last September (and which is being reviewed for next season), there were initiatives listed for Coaching Sessions. Maureen Hazell has been busy setting these up and please see below with status:
· Elite Individual County Junior 1st Team (5 players and 4 hours each) - This took place at the end of last season at Holy Trinity prior to competing on 8th/9th October in County Championship Matches;
· Girls Only Session - This took place successfully on the 11th April at Burgess Hill and 16 Girls attended. See News Item below where the rankings from the session can be seen;
· Intermediate Cadet/Junior Traininglite Individual Sessions - Sessions agreed, central venue selected, and coaches have been identified with first session booked for 30th May;
21st April - Girls Only County Training Session
This took place at Burgess Hill on the 11th April funded by Sussex County and they were very successful with Teresa Bennett as lead Coach and Sally Henke in attendance. The rankings from the session can be found here.
20th April - Top Edge Table Tennis - Training Days
Top Edge TT with coaches Craig Bryant and Goran Maric, have arranged futher Training Days on the 29th May at Graham Spicer and on the 1st/2nd June at Horsham TTC. If interested please see flyer for entry form.
19th April - Worthing League - Presentation Evening & Invitation Event
The Worthing League Annual Presentation evening along with their Invitation Event takes places on Thursday 20th April at the Lancing TT Club starting at 7.30 pm. There is a strong line-up for the Invitation Event with Craig Bryant, Jack & Josh Bennet, George Hazell, Paul Carter and Martin Gunn taking part. There is no charge but donations are welcome. Please see Flyer.
19th April - TT England - Steering Meeting Minutes
Please find the Steering Group Meeting Minutes for March and April meetings. The main topics are of course the insistence by Sport England that the 3 top post in TTE are not appointed from within the membership, and also on the limitations on terms of office for National Councillors.
19th April - Recent TT England Newsletters (Over The Net)
In case you have not received the recent TTE "Over The Net" Newsletters, they are shown below for information:
16th April - County Championship - Sussex Over 60's Team - Report
The Sussex Over 60's Team completed their matches on the 11th/12th March in Milton Keynes winning one and losing two matches and therefore finsihing 3rd overall in the Premier Division. Players involved over the weekend were Johnny Clarke, Barrie Gilbert, Tony Rowell, Robin Stace and Sheila King. Please find a report prepared by Sheila King.
13th April - County Championship - Sussex Senior 2nd and 3rd Teams - Report
The Sussex Senior 2 Team in Division 1B completed their matches in January winning 4 out of 7 matches being defeated by Surrey, Hampshire and the winners Devon 1. Full details are not yet available but it is believed they finished mid-table. The Sussex Senior 3 Team in Division 2B, consisting of (over the two days) George Hazell, Mark Collins, Tim Surrey, Lewis Mayhew, Alice Hazell, Jodie Morris and Lynne Trussell also finished mid-table in 4th position. See Table. Maureen Hazell reported that as also ther were players missing due to other commitments but those that participated had there was a great team spirit and they only lost two games.
12th April - County Championship - Sussex Veteran 2nd and 3rd Teams - Report
The Sussex Veteran 2nd and 3rd Teams are both in the same Division 2C. For this second round the Sussex 2 Team consisted of Paul Carter, Jack Boult, Shaun Parsley, Pam Winter and Sussex 3 consisted of Barrie Gilbert, Graham Barnes, Tony Catt and Lynne Trusell. After matches in March Sussex 2 were lying second and Sussex 3 were lying 7th. Please see report by Tony Catt which details the Divisional Table, results against the other Counties and Individual Results.
12th April - County Championship - Sussex Veteran Premier Team - Report
The Sussex Veteran Premier Team played the second round of matches on the 25th/26th February in Derbyshire without their number one player Ritchie Venner who was still injured With poor results from the first round they were facing an uphill battle to avoid relegation, which they were unable to do. The team put up a great effort but lost to Kent and Herts 7-3, Dorset 6-4 and drew with 5-5 with Yorkshire. Having been Champions twice and runners-up twice in recent year it was biter pill to swallow. The team was Nigel Eckersley, Adrian Moore, Peter Bartram, David Butler and Rose Rainton. Please see report by Peter Bartram.
12th April - County Championship - Sussex Senior Premier Team - Champions!
The Sussex Senior Premier Team are again champions when back at the ned of January on the second weekend of the Senior Premier Division they won their remaining games against Warwickshire (6-4), Derbyshire (7-3), Nottinghamshire (8-2), and Middlesex (6-4). The team consisting of Jack Bennett, Josh Bennett, Mark Scutts, Yolanda King, Lois Peake and Holly Holder therefore won all their games. Please see Results for second weekend and the final Averages for the players. Congratulations to the Sussex Senior Team.
11th April - London Academy 2 Star Event 5th February - Report
Please find report prepared by Rory Scott for a 2 Star Event held in Edgware on the 5th February. Although not a Sussex Event the results may be of interest since Sussex Players participated. The Winners and Runners-Up were as follows:
- Mixed U11 - Winner: Ollie Maric-Murray; Runner-Up: Jakub Piwowar;
- U13 Boys - Winner: Jake Grayson; Runner-Up: Sam Gabriel;
- U15 Boys - Winner: Zaiim Premji; Runner-Up: Mojtaba Adel;
- U18 Boys - Winner: Jack Stockdale; Runner-Up: Gaurav Aravind;
- U11 Girls - Winner: Maliha Baig; Runner-Up: Isabelle Lacorte;
- U13 Girls - Winner: Raquel Sao Pedro; Runner-Up: Millie Rogove;
- U15 Girls - Winner: Federica Bonato; Runner-Up: Gracie Edwards;
- U18 Girls - Winner: Federica Bonato: Runner-Up: Jasmine Chan;
11th April - Horsham Spinners Circuit Event 28th January - Report
Please find report prepared by Rory Scott for his Circuit Event held at Forest School on the 28th January. For each of the Bands the winners and runners-up were as follow:
- Band A - Winner: Will Michell; Runner-Up: Owen Brown;
- Band B - Winner: Ollie Thorne; Runner-Up: Daniel Blain;
- Band C - Winner: Harry Francis; Runner-Up: Dino Draper;
- Band D - Winner: Andreas Photiou; Runner-Up: Joe Bonney;
5th April - Horsham 2 Star Event 8th January - Report
Please find report prepared by Rory Scott for his first 2 Star event held at Richard Collyer on the 8th January. For each of the categories the winners and runners-up were as follows:
- U11 - Winner: Larry Trumpauskas; Runner-Up: Ben Poulter;
- U12 - Winner: Ollie Maric-Murray; Runner-Up: Scalett Anders;
- U13 - Winner: Ollie Michell; Runner-Up: Bertie Kelly;
- U14 - Winner: Owen Brown: Runner-Up Jake Buckley;
- U15 - Winner: Charile Graham-Adam; Runner-Up: Will Michell;
- U18 - Winner: Damian Grey; Runner-Up: Will Michell;
5th April - Horsham Spinners Circuit Club Circuit Event 12th November - Report
Please find report prepared by Rory Scott for his Club which was held on the 12th November. For each of the 4 Bands the Winners and Runners-Up were as follows:
- Band A - Winner: Tom Pomej; Runner-Up: Alessio Marrocco;
- Band B - Winner: Nathan White; Runner-Up: Charlie Ollenrenshaw;
- Band C - Winner: Thomas Taylor; Runner-Up: Charlie Jannels;
- Band D - Winner: Bertie Stanley-Hughes; Runner-Up: Rylie Leonnard;
2nd April - West Sussex Schools - Individual Events 2017 - Results
The West Sussex Schools Individual Event took place in early February. Please find the list of winners going through to the zonal events.
1st April - East Sussex Schools - Individual Events 2017 - Results
The East Sussex Schools (including Brighton and Hove) Individual Events took place in early January. Please find the report of the events with winners (with their pictures) highlighted and also the details for U11 category and U13, U16, U19 categories.
23rd March - Archived News November 2016 to February 2017
Archived News Items for recent months can be found under the Archive Page and also here. Recent news item are being loaded and will appear shortly.
8th March - Lack of News
Apologies to all visiting this site recently and seeing no news items but have been otherwise engaged on another voluntary activity putting together some funding bids for a non-TT sport which has been very time consuming. However, that is now done and will be catching up in the next few days and there are lots of news items and so watch this space.