Welcome to SCTTA
Welcome to the Sussex County Table Tennis Association Website (SCTTA)
This website started in April 2013. It contains information and TT news that impacts the County of Sussex and also seeks to promotes TT within the County. The County Objectives are all detailed in the SCTTA Annual County Plan which can be found below along with information about SCTTA. There are also many County Reference Documents now on this website. Please send TT news items of interest within Sussex County to the email address below. The Website has recently been upgraded to latest software versions and more recently to enable Video's.
14th April 2021 - County Zoom Meeting 29th March - Summary
A County Zoom Meeting was held on the 29th March and the main topics was continuation of the planning for resumption of the County Coaching Sessions and a "Return to TT" Closed (to Sussex Players) event along with a planned Junior Series events in the autumn. Private Closed events (again just to Sussex Players have organised by Rory Scott (see news items below) and also approved by the County subject to players being TTE affiliated. There was also discussion on the County Affiliations for next season and also around some questions and documentation that Kent County had produced and sent to TTE. There was support for the essence of the content of documentation and it was agreed that comments captured by Sussex County should also be included in a letter to be sent to TTE. Planning is also taking place for the launch of an U11/U13 County-wide competition in the context of an outline plan to progress it.
13th April 2021 - Sports England - Latest News
In another Newsletter - 290321 - from Sports England there are top tips and resources to help return to activity, a "Sports Back" Video celebrating the return of outdoor activity, a blog by Sports England CEO and request for a survey to be completed regarding a new Training Resource of digital tools to help clubs boost participation and re-engage membership and which is being launched in the Summer.
12th April 2021 - Latest TTE News
The latest issue from TTE - 090421 - highlights new dates for the Cadet and Junior Nationals in early July, sponsored by Mark Bates Limited, an article on obtaining and acting on feedback from surveys, jobs available with TTE, and invitation for nominations for Elected Director Vacancy (closing 15th April). There is news on the forthcoming Olympic Team Qualifiers and on the public recognition by Brighton and Hove for Brighton TTC, along with other 23 local Community Champions, as part of their "Above and Beyond" initiative, by having their own Bus advertising themselves. It was World TT Day on the 6th April and besides the EU launching a new logo there is an 8-hour video of the TTE livestream that took place if you have time on your hands!
11th April 2021 - Ready to Return?
At last, there seems to be light at the end of the tunnel when from tomorrow, 12th April, U18's can participate indoors in organised Coaching and Competition Events and those that I have been aware of in Sussex are shown on the Cadet and Junior Page. A TTE Clubs and Leagues Update - 060421 - advertised a "Ready to Return" Webinar with links to the latest guidance on the TTE Website as at 8th April, and also information and funding opportunities to support return.
The Webinar recording (personal by Brett Holt) can be found on the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7stS5nzg_Gk and contains:
- Information on the current government timeline;
- Venue Spacing requirements - one table 55sqm (10m x 5.5m or 9m x 4.5m) or multi-table at least 8m x 4.5m;
- Support funding that can be applied for from Sport England and TTE;
- Information on Participation Programmes - TT Kidz, Bat and Chat, Back to TT, Local Leagues (later this year);
- Venue Support - Risk Assessment Template, Venue Checklist, Template Player Codes of Conduct and lots more;
- News of Junior Participation Webinar on the 21st April;
- Questions - Coaching requires minimum L1 Licence, U18 driven by government (excludes new U19 category), TTE Coaching Courses planned to return in June, Vaccinations do not change guidance and clubs banning non-vaccinated people not advisable at the moment, Sanitizers should be personal but Clubs should have also, Codes of Conduct for Players need to be signed (or refused entry), guidance generally not too specific detail
10th April, 2021 - Horsham Spinners TTC - Junior Open Training Camps
Rory Scott and his Horsham Spinners TTC have arranged Open Training Camps for Juniors at their Slinford premises they use. They are on Saturday April 17th and Sunday April 25th from 11am to 3pm for which details can be found on the April Flyer. Note that there is a County Coaching Session planned also for the Sunday 25th April for which details are being finalised and subsequently some Cadets/Juniors will be contacted. Rory Scott has also planned an Open Coaching Session on Sunday 2nd May and again from 11am to 3pm for which details can be found the May Flyer. There are spaces for 12 players with pricing £25 (£16 for Horsham Spinners Club Members). Please see Covid Guidelines in place for these Training Sessions.
9th April 2021 - Sussex Closed Honours Lists - Mens Singles - Missing Result
For the Sussex Closed Mens Singles Honours List there was one missing result for 1983. Ritchie Venner has informed me that he was the winner that year beating Adrian Moore in the final. The list has consequently been updated to show this:
8th April 2021 - Elected Director Vacancy - Ritchie Venner Nomination
As mentioned in the News Item of the 3rd April, nominations were being invited for the Elected Director vacancy following the resignation of Tony Catt. In response Ritchie Venner, well known to us all in Sussex, has been nominated. Please see his Prelude and Statement and there is a profile of Ritchie on the Profiles Page.
7th April, 2021 - Crawley Community TTC - Summer cadet and Junior Coaching
Crawley TTC are about to begin their Junior Summer Term coaching at Wilfrids Catholic School. Please see the flyer below for dates and times.
More Information about the club can be found on the following link: https://clubs.tabletennisengland.co.uk/CrawleyCommunityTableTennisClub
6th April 2021 - Sports England - Latest News
The latest Newsletter - 250321 - from Sports England highlighting the cash boost for Leisure Centres to get back on their feet, a blog on how inequalities are being tackled, an update on safeguarding work, and the launch of a new investment fund or social impact bond. To finish there is return to play stories and tips.
5th April 2021 - TTE EGM January - Minutes
The Minutes for the TTE EGM held earlier in January are now on the TTE website. They are under Governance, General Meetings, then EGM or see Link below.
4th April, 2021 - Junior Age Category extended to U19
Following the ITTF decision TTE have announced (see TT News item for 3rd April) that for the coming season 2021 to 2022 starting on the 1st August, the age category for Juniors has been extended from Under 18 to Under 19 with the qualifying date being the 31st December. So if a player is under 19 on the 31st December 2021 they are eligible to play in Junior Competitions for that season (1st August to 31st July). A new Under 17 category is also being considered and the Cadets remain Under 13 and Under 15. It has also been announced that the rankings within competitions will resume from the 1st August
3rd April 2021 - TTE News including Elected Director Nominations and Information
The latest newsletter - 010421 - contains the national nominations shortlist for the current season for the "Pride of TT Awards", an article by Tin-Tin-Ho consisting of an open letter to her role model who is the Paralympian and NHS Doctor Kim Daybell, and news that nominations are now being invited for the vacant Elected Board Director post (with resignation of Tony Catt) and that the closing date is the 15th April. More information on this including updated Skills and Roles descriptions and AGM propositions around this subject can be found here. There is also information on utilization of the LinQsport App for outdoor sport and a forthcoming "Return to Play" Webinar on the 8th April. One important piece of new is the extension by TTE (following the decision made by ITTF) of the Junior Category to include U19 and that rankings in competition will resume from 1st August. Apparently, it is World Table Tennis Day on the 6th April with a request to register events, and I am not aware of any events planned in Sussex although some Clubs may be setting some outdoor challenges.
2nd April 2021 - Sports England Club Matters - Planning for the Future
Sports England have a separate area on their website dedicated to Club Matters which can be accessed on this link: https://www.sportenglandclubmatters.com/
They have also been running a series of workshops on line which have been advertised by TTE, and one of them is on how Clubs can to begin "Planning for the Future" and Brett Holt who is the Sussex County representative for Haywards Heath League and also Secretary of the Crawley Community TTC attended, and recorded the workshop which was held on the 11th March, and it can be found on the following link:
Note that it is long (107 Mins) but basically indicates that Clubs should have a Business Plan and shows how a Club should go about it. Those on the workshop were involved with Clubs between 60 and 180 members and one Club owned their venue with other hiring space from Schools. In particular the workshop covers:
- Why a Club should Plan - where now and where want to be;
- What constitutes a Plan - Direction, Focus (from now to the future), how to make a difference;
- How to develop a Plan - Short or Long Term, What by Whom and When;
- Framework for a Plan - Analyse, Vision, Actions, Monitor;
- Pillars of a Successful Plan - Management, Activities, Finance;
- SWOT analysis (Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, Threats;
- Vision - What does the Club want to be;
- Setting and Agreeing Objectives - Specific, Measurable, Achievable, Realistic, Timely;
- Regular Review - Timescales, Responsibilities for Actions;
- Creating Structures - Audience, Clear Messages, Positive, has a Flow and Sense;
- Who should be involved - Members, external advisors, Management Team;
- Structure - Club Description, Where Are We, Vision and Objectives, Activities, Financial;
- When is Plan used - AGM, Management meetings, Funding Applications;
- Top Tips - Plan Early, Involve, Don't Be Afraid to Change, Realistic and Achievable, Get Help, Use Regularly
1st April, 2021 - Rory Scott off the mark!
Not an April Fool but Rory Scott has arranged Junior and Senior Events at the Slinford Village Hall in a bubble of 15 players across 2 Tables and 2 Bands and with Covid Restrictions in place. They are after the 12th April date and run through to June. These events attract no ranking points (suspended until new season anyway) and are closed to Sussex Players only since it is not an approved TTE event (but endorsed by Sussex County) and players will need to be TTE Affiliated for Insurance purposes. The Junior Events are on the following dates - 24th April, 1st May, 9th May, 15th May and 12th June and you can find the details on the Junior Flyer/Entry Form with entry cost of £12. The Senior events are being held on the 6th June and 13th June and you find the details on the Senior Flyer/Entry Form with entry cost of £15.
29th March 2021 - County Zoom Meeting 15th March - Summary
A County Zoom Meeting was held on the 15th March and the main topics were around planning for resumption of County Coaching Sessions and Tournaments in line with the lifting of Coronavirus restrictions and TTE Guidance. Proposal for a Banded Closed (entry to Sussex Players only) Tournament in July was agreed and planning was continuing along with for further events in the new season which starts in August, and more information on all of this will follow soon. A proposed County Plan for the new season was drafted and the date set for a combined physical and virtual AGM for Monday 5th July. It was agreed that the County donated £50 to the Charity indicated by the family of Peter Williams. Peter passed away recently (see News Item below) and he had represented Sussex County both as a Player and Administrator and was a Vice President.
27th March 2021 - Chester Barnes - Additional Article
Further to the words in the latest TTE News and the TT Times below, please see a recent article in the Times on Chester Barnes by Matthew Syed.
27th March 2021 - TT Times 22 - Sping Issue
The latest issue of TT Times, produced by Diane and Harvey Webb, can be found here. In this issue can be found articles on the following topics:
- The World Table Tennis (WTT) Concept;
- World Singles Olympic Qualifying Tournament;
- Worrying Times at International Level by Alan Ransome, OBE;
- ETTA Centenary (7th November, 2021);
- Commonwealth Games 2022;
- The Table Toppers by Brian Kean;
- World Ping Pong Masters - Report on the 2020 Event;
- Good News Page;
- A Table Tennis Life - Ken & Karenza Matthew's TT Journey continues, 1972 onwards;
- Cookery Book Review - Chop, Slice, Smash then Serve
- What was Happening 20 Years Ago 2001;
- In Memoriam;
- Chester Barnes;
- TTE Governance;
27th March 2021- TTE News
The latest newsletter - 270321 - welcomes back Outdoor TT, highlights 2 Clubs who have acquired Sport England funding, information on the TT Kidz Schools Virtual Championships being launched, the 20% discount deal being offered to Shopping Centres for making space for Ping Pong Parlours, and finally but not least an Obituary on Chester Barnes.
27th March 2021 - Active Sussex Disability and Inclusion News - March
Please find the March Newsletter which contains information on a specific Network Event on 30th March, all 10 of the "This Girl Can Sussex Champions" and how one can join the Sussex "This Can Girl" Network for which there is an online forum with the first meeting sometime in May. There are also links to the recent Virtual Sussex Network Conference recordings, Annual Disability Survey and a call for Case Studies on Mental Health in those with Physical Disabilities. Finally, there is a report on the vital role support workers have in tackling inactivity for people with complex disabilities, and a free online dance sessions for those with mobility issues.
23rd March 2021- TTE News
Things are starting to warm up, and it is just not the weather. From the 29th March outdoor table tennis is allowed - see information - on where to find your nearest Ping Pong Parlour.
Tournaments are getting back on the horizon and there is planning within the County as well as nationally. The regular TTE Newsletter - 190321 - indicates what can be done around the government roadmap with reference to the 12th April and 17th May dates. There is also information and link to the latest TTE guidelines and news about the TTE virtual AGM planned.
22nd March 2021- Sport England News - Sports Survival Package
The latest from Sports England and the Government Grant of £300 million for Sports England called the Survival Package but details on how it will be distributed or applications for sums has yet to be seen. Also in this issue is a Sports Aid Podcast and an article on making sport more LBGT friendly.
22nd March 2021 - Active Sussex News - March
Please find the March Newsletter which builds on the Virtual Network Conference items (see News Item 9th March below). Also contains information about the Sports England £300 million Sports Survival Package. Active Sussex has also been very busy virtually with Schools during the lockdown and information on that can be found here.
15th March 2021- TTE News
Club and Leagues Update 10th March - 100321 - In addition to 7th March News below, contains details of Club Webinars taking place, latest Coronavirus Statement 9th March, Coaching Webinar 16th March, interest request to Schools for Virtual TT Kidz participation and finally 20% discount for set-up of Ping Pong Parlours,
Membership Fees Season 2021 to 2022 - Announcement that Fees to be 50% for those who renewed this year and renewal after 1st May this year will last until July 2022;
Regular Newsletter - 120321 - Contains information (additionally) on Team GB getting ready for Tokyo, opportunity to win tickets for 2022 Commonwealth Games, and Career Opportunities with TTE;
9th March 2021 - Active Sussex Virtual Network Conference
This was held at the end of February and the TT community were represented by Sussex County (Brett Holt) and Brighton City TTC (Pedro Santos and Teresa Bennett) - see list of Virtual Attendees and Speakers;
There was a keynote talk by Danny Bent, founder of One Run Global, titled "The Happiness of Being You" and the Video can be seen here: https://youtu.be/rPkH6eDWKrA
This was followed by "Bridging the Gap: Tackling Inequalities in Sussex" Video which can be seen here: https://youtu.be/GzrYXpv3Dt4 on the funding outcomes with associated initial report into Phases 1 and 2 Funding;
The final session was "This Girl Can" Video seen here: https://youtu.be/qe-tcWXnx_E with various Ambassadors participating;
Finally, an invitation to a "March and Me" project;
8th March 2021- Archived News Items
The News Items for the months of December 2020 and January 2021 have now been archived from this page, and can be found on the Archive Page.
7th March 2021- TTE News
The latest news from TTE - 050321 - containing the following items:
- Pride of TT Awards - Included in the list from Sussex is Alex Power from Horsham TTC (Young Volunteer of the Year) and David Coleman from Bishopstone TTC (Contribution to TT);
- International Women's Day - This is Monday 8th March and there is an online ITTF Conference open to all. Additionally, information on a series of online Seminars in countdown to World TT Day on 6th April;
- WTT Contender Event - Report on first round defeat of Liam Pitchford in Doha although had a hand injury, and also on Tin Tin Ho progress at same event;
- Rocca Creative - Company who produced the TT League Manager shortlisted for an award at 2021 Sports Technology Awards;
- Youth Sports Trust (YST) - After Schools YouTube event lead by Tom Jarvis on 11th March at 5 pm and is open to all children and young people;
- U11 to U13 National Championships - News that been cancelled and hope that will be rescheduled for later in the summer;
- National Careers Week - Careers in TT highlighted;
- Sports Club Matters - reminder of the forthcoming online workshops;
- Archive Video - Ormesby TTC in 1971 with Alan Ransome;
- Bethany Ellis - Completes her 100-mile fundraising challenge;
6th March 2021 - Peter Williams Funeral
Further to the news item below on the 28th February, the funeral has been arranged for Peter Williams on Tuesday 16th March at 11.00 am at the Nene Valley Crematorium in Wellingborough. In the current environment there are of course restrictions in place and details of attendees would need to be confirmed in advance, but a livestream is available for 7 days afterwards at www.wesleymedia.co.uk/webcast-view Viewers will need to enter the Order ID 83148 and Password ewxxkuhq. Also, if anyone would like to make a donation to the British Heart Foundation in memory of Peter there are details available at www.abbottfunerals.co.uk/make-a-donation/
5th March 2021 - County Zoom Meeting 23rd February - Summary
A County Zoom Meeting was held on the 23rd February to discuss, in the main, the recent Government Roadmap and associated TTE guidance regarding the relaxation of restrictions for Coronavirus. County Coaching is looking to resume from May although there may be a get-together and fitness session in April for Cadets and Juniors. League Play of course is not possible until after 21st June and it was up to individual Leagues to decide on running any Summer Leagues. The County was considering hosting a competitive Banded Event in July. It was noted that the ITTF were implementing a U19 Junior Age Group and it is likely that TTE will implement this next season. The meeting also discussed update on the TTE/Tony Catt affair and the progress of a Business Case by the Crawley and Horsham League for use of the Drill Hall in Horsham.
4th March - Active Sussex Disability and Inclusion News - February
Please find the latest Newsletter containing information on the next engagement for the online forum (30th March), a story via video associated with the "Tackling Inequalities Fund", the South East Mind Network and reflection on the new Sports England strategy, and much more.
3rd March 2021- Tees Sports - Anna Hursey
Further to the news item from TTE of the 1st March of President Joe Biden contacting Anna Hursey, a Welsh Cadet, for Climate Change advice, please further references on the subject from Tees Sports.
2nd March 2021- League Development
As indicated in the News Item for the 1st Match and the recent TTE Newsletter, development of Leagues is being discussed and inputs are being invited from Leagues. There has been discussion in recent National Council emails and there is likely to be a dedicated Meeting to discuss soon. Options being discussed are for variants on the standard 3-player format such as for 2-player Teams with 4 singles and one doubles and this has been played in a few Leagues such as Leamington and Oxford. The Leamington 2-player being run in parallel with the 3-player format and in Oxford as a development League initially and then subsequently as an end of season League. The Brighton League reviewed the format with a survey and a review of the options and was going to introduce a combination of the two - 3-player team with each playing 2 matches i.e. 6 singles (which is the same format as for British League and National Junior and Cadet Leagues) before the second lockdown came along. The format also has an impact on the voting rights of a League which is based around the number of Teams, which of course could be much greater with 2-player Teams! If you League is interested in providing input them please email Chris Newton at TTE by 12th March.
1st March 2021- TTE News
The latest news from TTE - 260221 - containing the following items:
- Coronavirus Update as at 1050 on the 26th February - No indoor TT until 12th April for under 18's (as at 31st August 2020) in bubbles of 15, Adults for 6 or 2 Households from 17th May and all from 21st June;
- National Championships - First Anniversary of the Mark Bates sponsorship and there is a Video by Mark Bates;
- England Players - back in International action and video with 4 of them;
- League Development - Input required for views by the 12th March;
- England Brand - A video showing how they produced a 3D version ahead of the first WTT event;
- Commonwealth Games 2022 - Schedule announced;
- Anna Hursey - Article on her conversation with Joe Biden on Climate Change;
28th February 2021 - Peter Williams Obituary - Vice President Sussex County
Peter Williams who was an active player and administrator for the County in the past, sadly passed away on Saturday 20th February. Please find an Obituary produced by Diane Webb and the photo below of him and his sister Judy. Our sympathy and sincere condolences go to wife, Linda, sister, Judy, and all the family.
25th February - Active Sussex News - February
Please find the February News - 230221 - which contains an interview with Danny Bent, the keynote speaker and founder of One Run Global, at the Virtual Network Event (taking place today), There is also an update on the Specsavers Virtual Winter School Games, and some reflections on the latest Sport England strategy and their funding opportunities.
25th February - TTE Coaching Update
The latest Coaching Update - 230221 - containing information and access to recent Webinar's on "Women and Girls" and TTFit (and as per News Item below on the 20th February there is also one today on "Purposeful Practice"). Information also on the launch of online Training for Disability Awareness and reference to update on the Coronvirus Guidance following recent Government Update. Finally, there are opportunities indicated to book a session with a Mentor.
22nd February 2021- TTE Club Volunteer Webinar 18th February
Please see a link to this Webinar which also including the slides used - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izSw_IliZ4c
Included within the Webinar is information on:
- Key Findings on the return of Volunteers to Sport/TT;
- The characteristics of "At Risk" Volunteers - clear that Communications clear;
- What constitutes effective Communications - Frequent/Accurate, Available, Open and Honest, Informative, Personalised with email favourite;
- Recommendations on how to re-engage Volunteers;
- How to recruit Volunteers - Why need? What motivates them? What Barriers? Look within the Sport, Produce Role outlines;
- Retaining and Recognition of Volunteers;
- TTE Young Ambassadors Programme - started 2019 for ages 14-25, and the type of rewards given (and interest welcomed by 1st March);
- Club Matters - information on one-stop shop for Clubs, Groups and Organisations, and dedicated section on Volunteers;
- Sports England Club Matters - Free Resources available including Volunteer/Induction Checklist and Roles/Responsibilities;
There is also information about the forthcoming TTE Workshops throughout March - some 9 in total.
22nd February 2021- TTE News
The latest news from TTE - 190221 - contains the following items:
- Information about the Steering Group that is to carry out a review of all the Competitions;
- An article on the Paralympian Kim Daybell in a new role as a mentor with the True Athletic Project (TAP) which matches aspiring young athletes with international athletes for a year-long learning experience to a curriculum around 5 themes;
- A Video showing the Q&A with Lui Jian during a one-hour online training session with the England Juniors at a well-known Austrian Club;
- TT success at Newcastle University;
- TT Kidz Live session and in particular a 5-year-old Thomas Ellis;
- Article on the Home Nations e-camp over 3 days with TT and Fitness sessions for the Aspire Squad;
20th February 2021- TTE Coaching Webinar
The latest TTE Coaching Webinar is taking place at 11 am on Thursday 25th February for all Licensed Coaches, and the topic is "Purposeful Practice". Details can be found here and registrations close 5pm on the 24th.
20th February 2021- TTE AGM Date & Annual Returns
TTE AGM - This have been confirmed in a Mailing to Company Members for Saturday July 17th with venue and timing to be confirmed. There is a link to the official notice.
TTE Annual Returns - A Mailing to Company Members has indicated that Annual Returns are not required this year. Annual Returns list those personnel in what roles for Leagues along with the details of number of Clubs, Teams and players participating in League Play, which of course has been practically non-existent this season, and so no surprise. If there are changes to roles then the Members Database can be updated appropriately separately by those who have administrative access.
20th February 2021 - Deceased County Vice Presidents and Life Members
The County List of Life Members and Vice Presidents has been updated to include all those that have passed away since 2009, and can be found here. If anyone believes there are omissions from before that year, then please let me know.
18th February 2021- Grassroots Activity Survey
With regard to the News Item on the 15th February below, the Sport and Recreation Alliance is conducting a survey to understand the impact to present evidence to the Government for more support for the sector. All sports are being urged to encourage Clubs to complete the survey. The request has been sent to Clubs direct but it is crucial that there are as many replies as possible, and on behalf of the Sussex Table Tennis Association Clubs can I urge Club Representatives to complete the survey. The closing date is the 22nd February. Please take part in this survey here.
17th February - Open Tournament Events
There obviously are no events being held at the moment with the lockdown on activities although as restrictions are gradually lifted it is hoped that events either Open or Closed can be held during late Spring and the Summer. Apparently, there was some communication by TTE on the 4th August last year to Tournament Organisers for some relaxation and flexibility of the regulations such as reduced notice period for events, their venues and officiating requirements with delivery to a grade below that carried by an event e.g. a 2 star event permitted to deliver to Grade 1 regulations. There was also suspension of the TTE Ranking Levy although the TTE Tournament Levy (£2 per player) was still required. Unfortunately these modifications were only valid until the end of 2020, but they may come into effect again as government restrictions are relaxed. Let's hope so - we all need to get back to playing.
15th February 2021- Sport England News - School Venue Funding
The latest from Sports England - 110221 - indicating funding available for Schools to help them open up their facilities to the Public from a £10.1 million fund. Those School Venues used by TT Clubs therefore perhaps should make their School Venues aware of this source of funding and it may influence and facilitate Club access that much quicker.
15th February 2021- TT News
The latest TTE issued last week were as follow:
An update to the Clubs and Leagues - 100221 - containing the following items:
- Funding - Sport England from £300 (small grants) to £10K (Community Asset) from an overall fund of £16.5 million (across all sports), available to June;
- Club Webinar 4th February - Information including the Webinar itself along with the Slides presented, on the topic of applications for grants in particular how to go about it;
- Return to Play Guidance - highlighting need to keep in touch with venues, their Covid-19 guidance, bookings and also consideration for alternative venues and keeping in touch with Volunteers and Members;
- Disability Awareness Training - free online training module available through February and free to Premier Clubs and Licensed Coaches;
- Virtual Club Conferences - A number free during March on a variety of topics and sign-up details available;
- Club Volunteering Webinar - Taking place at 12 Noon on the 18th February;
- Female Players - Request for information to what would help Female Players;
- Grassroots Activity Survey - Request for responses;
The weekly newsletter to members - 120221 - containing, in addition to above:
Playing at Home - An article with packs of information available for isolated families;
- England Senior Men - Back in Training;
- TT Kidz Launch - A request for Community Groups to run live sessions;
- Survey - A brief one for 11-19 year olds;
9th February 2021- An Open Letter
Subsequent to the recent TTE EGM and the recent statement placed on the TTE Website on the 5th February as follows: Board statement— Table Tennis England there is in circulation an Open Letter which has been produced for the "Leadership and Membership" from Alan Champneys. It is a call for reconciliation and transparency and his statements make a lot of sense.
8th February 2021 - UK Coaching News
Please see the latest UK Coaching News (not TT specific) containing:
- New Hub of Resources on Coaching through Covid-19;
- Upgraded Mental Health Training Course;
- Linkage to the recently announced new 10-year Sport England Strategy;
- New Inclusive Activity Programme eLearning Module;
- Upcoming Learning Webinars;
- Offers for Coaches;
- New Series Promoting Clean Sport;
- What new Resources are available;
- Covid-19 Impact Survey;
- Continuous Coach Learning Activities;
8th February 2021- TTE News 5th February
The latest TTE news issued last Friday can be found here - 050221 - and contains information on the following subjects:
- Partnership with LinQ which provides free online fitness classes for the community;
- Project with Talented Athletic Scholarship Scheme (TASS) to optimise the female player experience and the 1st Stage is a Survey;
- Webinar for Women and Girls in TT scheduled for 11th February at 7 pm;
- Free online Workshops for Clubs in partnership with Sport England Club Matters - there are 8 scheduled during March;
- Bethany Ellis on the challenge of running 100 miles for Charity Myeloma UK;
- Notice that the Butterfly Schools National Championships for 2022 will be held over one weekend for both Individual and Team Events on the 2nd/3rd April;
- Partnership with Sheffield County Council for Ping within the City when restrictions are lifted;
8th February 2021- Approved Balls and the Laws
To get everyone in the mood for the return of play soon, please find the current list of approved Balls, Equipment and Laws for interest, and perhap more refresh!!
3rd February 2021 - Umpire and Referee Update
Please see Slides from a recent TTE Technical Officials Webinar held on the 26th January and the Webinar itself can be found on the following link:
It details recent rule changes, the TTE set-up, Umpire Performance and is of interest particularly to those who would like to become an Umpire or a Referee. For Umpiring there is information on the Career Development available and on the following link the latest ITTF Rules: https://ittf.cdnomega.com/eu/2019/08/HMO-16th-Edition.pdf
Additionally, if you wish to volunteer for a non-Technical Officer role at the forthcoming 2022 Commonwealth Games in Birmingham, then please see the following link:
1st February 2021- TTE News 29th January
The latest issue of news from TTE can be found here - 290121 - and contains information on the Sports England launch and request for County Championship Volunteers (see separate news items below). Also included is information and entry form on the launch of a Virtual TT Kidz Schools Championships in the Spring, coaching virtually with the England Aspire Squad and Ryan Jenkins, and an opportunity to join Joe Coker for online fitness sessions - the TT equivalent of Joe Wicks! A report also on the World Ping Pong Championships where Andrew Baggaley was defeated in the final and information on how to apply for a Tournament Referee Course.
1st February 2021- TTE TTFit Coaching App Webinar
On the 27th January there was a TTE Webinar on the subject of the TTFit App, developed in Belfast primarily for Coaches although Players can also use it. It enables Mentoring and Development of Players through use of Exercises, both TT related and physical, Training Plans, Podcasts and Resources. Individual Profiles with Development Plans within personalised Journals on Targets, Competitions, Matches, Training and providing a whole range of Statistics. The Basic version is free and the full version requires subscription. The link for the Webinar follows: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDUoJvDg3v8
31st January 2021- TTE Coaching and Education Webinar
This was held on the 21st January and you can listen to it on the following link: Table Tennis England: Coaching & Education | 21.JAN.2021 - YouTube. The Webinar details the current Strategy and Aims, specific CPDs (L1 through to L4) to help and support, the TTE website dedicated pages full of resources, forthcoming webinars, the Mentoring Programme and other learning opportunities. The Q and A includes topics such as Tactic Training, Female Coaches, relationship of previous Qualifications to current Courses (previous L2 now equivalent to new L1). It was noted that the new L2 Course was being launched in September. Building confidence post the pandemic and keeping pace with changes in the game were also raised.