County Honours List
County Honours List
9th April 2021 - Sussex Closed Honours Lists - Mens Singles - Missing Result
For the Sussex Closed Mens Singles Honours List there was one missing result for 1983. Ritchie Venner has informed me that he was the winner that year beating Adrian Moore in the final. The list has consequently been updated to show this:
16th April 2020 - Sussex Closed Honours Lists
The Sussex Closed has of course been cancelled this year due to Covid-19. However, I have taken time to update all the Honours Lists to include results from recent year. So please find below the Honours Lists for:
- Mens Singles
- Womens Singles
- Veteran Men
- Veteran Women
- Mens Doubles
- Womens Doubles
- Mixed Doubles
In recent years Cadet age categories have been introduced and Honours Lists for these will be produced in due course.
Each year the County runs an Invitation Event in the following categories:
- Bill Bradley Cup (Junior Boys) - started year 2000;
- Lillian Rymill Cup (Junior Girls) - started year 2000;
- Keith Jackson Cup (Cadet Boys) - started year 2002;
- Pat Ginnaw Cup (Cadet Girls) - started year 2002;
- Seaman Cup (Senior Men) - started year 1959;
- Nicholls Cup (Senior Women) - started year 1960;
The full list can be seen in the report below. As can be seen there are some gaps when the event has not been held for a variety of reasons such as venue issues or not sufficient attendees.
Previoes news items for the event held this year follow:
25th September - Sussex County - Invitation Event 15th September - Results
It was an excellent day on Sunday 15th September at the Triangle Burgess Hill for the annual Susssex County Invitation Event (although was not held last season due to date/venue issues). There was a strong Senior Men and Junior Boys participants in particular and the results were as follows:
- Seaman Cup (Senior Men) - Winner Jack Bennett, Runner Up George Hazell;
- Nicholls Cup (Senior Women) - Not Held due to insufficient entries;
- Bill Bradley Cup (Junior Boys) - Winner Keigo Burnham, Runner-Up Will Michell;
- Lillian Rymill Cup (Junior Girls) - Winner Jodie Morris, Runner-Up Lucie Bacinova;
- Keith Jackson Cup (Cadet Boys) - Winner Max Wilson, Runner-Up Louis Vaughan-Drake;
- Pat Ginnaw Cup (Cadet Girls) - Winner Emily Koester, Runner-Up Georgina Hunter;
Currently some of the Cups have not been returned - Bill Bradley, Keith Jackson, and Seaman Cups - and a concerted effort is being made to track down these Cups with past winners. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
10th September - Sussex County - Invitation Event 15th September - Juniors
Further to the news item below the list of Juniors participating is as follows - Owen Brown, Keigo Burnham, Martin Kapluska, Fraser Kent, Jamar McGlashan, Ollie Michell, Will Michell, and John Strang. Come and watch the action at the Triangle, Burgess Hill Leisure Centre.
7th September - Sussex County Invitation Event - 15th September
This event has generally been held annually for the County top 8 Senior Men and Women, and Cadet/Juniors Girls and Boys. Last season it was postponed from September due to clash of dates and a new date could not be found, but it is scheduled this season for Sunday 15th September at the Triangle Leisure Centre, Burgess Hill. There is a strong Senior Men list - Jack Bennett, George Hazell, Mark Scutts, Will Bayley, Paul Carter, Marc Burman, Mark Collins and Pedro Santos, and Junior Boys list and the other categories are being finalised. Please see the previous winners in the Honours List. All are welcome to come and see the action starting at 10 am to the following Schedule.