County Agenda's & Minutes
County Agenda's & Minutes
The documents below are the Meeting Agenda's and Minutes held for the current season of 2019/2020
Information from previous years/seasons will be added in due course.
14th April 2021 - County Zoom Meeting 29th March - Summary
A County Zoom Meeting was held on the 29th March and the main topics was continuation of the planning for resumption of the County Coaching Sessions and a "Return to TT" Closed (to Sussex Players) event along with a planned Junior Series events in the autumn. Private Closed events (again just to Sussex Players have organised by Rory Scott (see news items below) and also approved by the County subject to players being TTE affiliated. There was also discussion on the County Affiliations for next season and also around some questions and documentation that Kent County had produced and sent to TTE. There was support for the essence of the content of documentation and it was agreed that comments captured by Sussex County should also be included in a letter to be sent to TTE. Planning is also taking place for the launch of an U11/U13 County-wide competition in the context of an outline plan to progress it.
29th March 2021 - County Zoom Meeting 15th March - Summary
A County Zoom Meeting was held on the 15th March and the main topics were around planning for resumption of County Coaching Sessions and Tournaments in line with the lifting of Coronavirus restrictions and TTE Guidance. Proposal for a Banded Closed (entry to Sussex Players only) Tournament in July was agreed and planning was continuing along with for further events in the new season which starts in August, and more information on all of this will follow soon. A proposed County Plan for the new season was drafted and the date set for a combined physical and virtual AGM for Monday 5th July. It was agreed that the County donated £50 to the Charity indicated by the family of Peter Williams. Peter passed away recently (see News Item below) and he had represented Sussex County both as a Player and Administrator and was a Vice President.
5th March 2021 - County Zoom Meeting 23rd February - Summary
A County Zoom Meeting was held on the 23rd February to discuss, in the main, the recent Government Roadmap and associated TTE guidance regarding the relaxation of restrictions for Coronavirus. County Coaching is looking to resume from May although there may be a get-together and fitness session in April for Cadets and Juniors. League Play of course is not possible until after 21st June and it was up to individual Leagues to decide on running any Summer Leagues. The County was considering hosting a competitive Banded Event in July. It was noted that the ITTF were implementing a U19 Junior Age Group and it is likely that TTE will implement this next season. The meeting also discussed update on the TTE/Tony Catt affair and the progress of a Business Case by the Crawley and Horsham League for use of the Drill Hall in Horsham.
27th January 2021 - County Zoom Meetings Summary
During January there have been 3 County Management Meetings so far on the 8th, 15th and 22nd January, and a summary of the topics discussed follow:
8th January - County Communications - Website changes, use of Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram, Twitter discussed. Outcome was to set-up Whatsapp for Management Committee with Twitter further review at a later date;
15th January - TTE EGM - Discussion with League Company Members and Representatives to discuss voting options;
22nd January - Central/Area Venues - In the context of County Requirements for such, an opportunity of a venue in Horsham (Drill Hall) was discussed for which an associated Briefing Paper was produced which listed the key points, a check against Requirements and Summary. With more than just TT activities involved with on-site business and many other user organisations, combined with the risks involved with management of modification and upgrade required by the Council, it was agreed that it was more of a local community project and that should not be pursued from a Sussex County perspective. The Crawley and Horsham League are looking to see if they can take it on utilizing for themselves and the many other local users - TT or not.
10th December 2020 - County Zoom Meeting 7th December - County Affiliation Fee
Given the Covid-19 situation the proposal for the County Affiliation for the current season was withdrawn at the AGM on the 14th September with subsequent review in November. With Covid-19 still significant with renewed lockdowns and restrictions affecting League Play and the ability to hold County Activities. The outlook is also poor for the first 3 months of 2021, and a joint proposal from the County Chairman and Treasurer that there should be a "Holiday" for the County Affiliation Fee for the Season 2020 to 2021 was supported unanimously.
2nd October 2020 - County Zoom AGM Meeting 14th September - Reports
The Sussex County AGM was held by Zoom on the 14th September - usually this is a physical meeting in July each year. Please see the reports produced for the AGM and despite the abrupt end to the season there were many successes for Sussex:
- Minutes AGM 8th July 2019;
- Chairman's Report;
- Secretary's Report;
- Treasurer's Report;
- National Councillor Report;
- Senior Match Secretary Report;
- Cadet and Junior Match Secretary Report;
- Veteran Match Secretary Report;
- Coaching Report;
The Management Committee for the coming Season can be found here.
Notes of the Meeting have been drafted and has been circulated to the Management Committee for review and will be published once agreed.
8th September 2020 - County Zoom AGM Meeting 14th September - Reminder
26th August 2020 - County Zoom AGM Meeting 14th September - Notice
19th August 2020 - County Zoom Meeting 23rd July - Notes
The Sussex County Management Meeting took place by Zoom on the 23rd July and the notes can be found here. Topics included Feedback from the TTE AGM and County Championship Conference (both held by Zoom), Dates for next season for Coaching, and then discussion on Return to Play and the major issues for many clubs - access to venues and TTE Guidance. On the latter there was subsequent discussion with Greg Yanell from TTE documented within the notes. Note that the date for the Sussex County TT Association (SCTTA) AGM is Monday 14th September.
14th July 2020 - County Zoom Meetings 29th June and 6th July (with MAG) - Notes
The Sussex County Management Committee held another Zoom Meeting on Monday 29th June. There was further discussion on the proposed new Cadet Competition and an updated summary can be seen here. There was also feedback from the National Council Meeting on the 27th June (see News Item 3rd July), an outline of the County Finances and discussion on the County Affiliation Fee and whether a discount should be given for the forthcoming season in the light of the Covid-19 environment. There was also discussion on some proposed amendments for County Championship Matches and voting on the various proposals for the forthcoming County Championship (virtual) conference. Please see Notes of Zoom Meeting. On the 6th July there was a zoom meeting with the Chair of the Members Advisory Board (MAG) and the issues raised by Leagues throughout Sussex can be seen here.
28th June 2020 - County Zoom Meeting 22nd June - Notes
The Sussex County Management Committee held another Zoom Meeting on Monday 22nd June. There was just one subject and it was a presentation by the Secretary on a proposed new County-wide U11/U13 Cadet Competition. There was agreement in principle and a summary slide was being produced for final decision on some key points. It start has been delayed until January 2021 due to Covid-19. Please see Notes.
18th June 2020 - County Zoom Meeting 15th June - Notes
The Sussex County Management Committee held another Zoom Meeting on Monday 15th June. The subjects included County Championship Team Entries for next season which were the same as last year except for an additional Over 60's Team i.e £ x Senior, 3, Veteran, 2 x Over 60's, 3 x Juniors, 2 x Cadets. It was also agreed to move the AGM from July to mid-September and for it to be a physical rather than virtual meeting if possible. The meeting ended with a dicsussion by Leagues on the TT365 v TT League Manager Systems in respect of League decisions, and clarity was being sought on the ranking development for TT League Manager and the Data Protection around TT365 player entries. Please see Notes of Meeting.
15th June - County Zoom Meeting 8th June - Notes
The Sussex County Management Committee hled its first Zoom Meeting on Monday 8th June, and although there was some minor "bedding" in of the process the meeting went well and the feedback was good, and regular weekly Zoom Meetings have been arranged - see News Item 6th June below. The intention being to have a few Agenda items and keeping the sessions short to around 30 minutes if possible. Please see the notes of the Zoom Meeting held on the 8th June. Jim Skinner was elected Sussex County National Councillor for next season along with Kevin Long as Deputy National Councillor
6th June - Sussex County TT Association - Zoom Meetings
With social distancing still in place weekly 30 minute Zoom Meetings have been arranged for the Sussex County TT Association Management Committee. The first is next Monday at 8 pm and the following topics have been scheduled for the coming weeks:
8th June - National Council Election, TTE Deputy Chair Election, Leagues on Season 2019 to 2020 ending
15th June - County Championship Teams next Season, AGM date review, Leagues on TT League Manager and TT365
22nd June - Presentation by Kevin Long on proposed County U11/U13 Competition
29th June - Feedback National Council Meeting, County Dates Season 2020 to 2021
9th December - Sussex County Meeting 25th November - Key Points
Please see below the key points from the recent Sussex County Meeting that took place Monday 25th November:
- Reports on Coaching Sessions held for top County Juniors & Cadets;
- Report on first round of Over 60’s County Championship Matches;
- Report on Coaching support for County Players in JBL Teams;
- Reports on Senior County Championship Matches held so far;
- Proposed County-wide U11/U13 Competition for Season 2020/2021 discussed further;
- Proposed Horsham Spinners Junior/Cadet Events discussed and not approved due to concerns around lack of specification as to whether Open or Closed, the intended participation of Associate Members, and other concerns;
- County Website structure revamped making it easier to find information (hopefully);
- Various Club Development initiatives discussed and to be made available on website;
- Leagues to feedback on thoughts for Membership Strategy prior to next National Council Meeting;
- Transfer of sctta.org.uk website to hosting package owned by SCTTA completed;
- Bradley (Junior Boys) & Keith Jackson (Cadet Boys) Invitation Cups recovered;
- Sussex Closed to be split with Junior/Cadets on 19th April (Burgess Hill) and Senior/Veterans on 26th (at K2);
- Updates received on TTE League Manager, Training Courses (Safeguarding, Umpire, L2);
- Rankings received from Match Secretary’s but not all available;
4th October - Sussex County Meeting 30th September - Key Points
The latest Sussex County Meeting took place last Monday 30th September and the following are the key points from the meeting:
- Report was received on the recent well attended Sussex Trials on 8th September and a Cadet Ranking List for the Season has been produced;
- Report on the Sussex Invitation Event held on the 15th September at Burgess Hill Triangle where there was a strong Senior and Junior entry;
- Mens Senior and Junior/Cadet Boys Cups missing and concerted effort being made to track down where they are;
- Draft Proposal for the introduction of a County-wide Novice U11/U13 Competition starting Season 2020/2021 discussed;
- Reports on recent National Council (NC) Meeting and discussions on TTE Centenary Celebrations, Mission 2025 (subject of next NC) and TTE Coaching Strategy and Organisation of Coaching Courses highlighted as issues;
- Coaching Sessions for Juniors (6th October) and Cadets (17th November) at Triangle Burgess Hill confirmed;
- L1 Coaches Session on December 15th being arranged and Leagues will be invited to send two;
- County to provide L1 Coaches that participate in approved County Events some reimbursement and 50% support for County L2 Coaching Courses;
- Preparations for forthcoming County Championship Matches and Rankings discussed;
- League Reports received and TT League Manager discussed;
29th September - Sussex County Meeting 30th September
The next Sussex County Meeting is being held tomorrow in the Yarrow Room at Lewes Town Hall. Please see the Agenda and also for discussion is a couple of Papers from TTE - Centenary (how to celebrate 100 years in Season 2021/2022) & IT Systems (how can TTE Memberships and League Manager be developed further). Also being discussed is a proposal to run a County U11/U13 Event through the season.
Meetings Season 2019/2020
- 19th August - Agenda and Minutes
- 30th September - Agenda and Minutes
- 25th November - Agenda and Minutes
Dates of future Meetings:
- 3rd February
- 20th April
- 8th June
- 6th July (AGM)