Welcome to SCTTA
Welcome to the Sussex County Table Tennis Association Website (SCTTA)
This website started in April 2013. It contains information and TT news that impacts the County of Sussex and also seeks to promotes TT within the County. The County Objectives are all detailed in the SCTTA Annual County Plan which can be found below along with information about SCTTA. There are also many County Reference Documents now on this website. Please send TT news items of interest within Sussex County to the email address below. The Website has recently been upgraded to latest software versions and more recently to enable Video's.
1st December, 2023 - East Sussex Schools Association - Entry Individual Events 27th January
Please find the Entry Form for the East Sussex Individual Events for U13 and U16 being held at Patcham High School on the 27th January starting at 9 am. The closing date for entries is the 24th January. The U19 will be held on a separate date. Please contact Teresa Bennett on
1st December 2023 - Horsham Spinners Cadet and Junior 2 Star Event - 19th November - Results
The latest Horsham Spinners Cadet and Junior 2* event of the season took place at the Steyning Leisure Centre on Sunday the 19th November. A summary of the results can be found below along with a link to all the scoresheets.
19.NOV.23 = https://bit.ly/19nov23-hs
1st December, 2023 - Latest TTE News
Please see recent weekly TTE Newsletters for those who do not receive them - 17th November, 24th November and 1st December. Themes include nominations for Pride of TT Awards, Tickets for the WTT Feeder Event in Manchester in February, and upcoming British League Matches. More specifically for Sussex, there is an article on Tim Holtam from Brighton City TTC with a £5K National Lottery Award, a visit to Worthing TTC Club by the new TTE Chairman to present some awards, and on the competition front congratulations to Bly Twomey on winning Gold at the French Para Open and a report on the latest Women and Girls 1 Star event hosted in Sussex.
Other articles include news of changes to the Calendar next season with modifications to junior events with 4 extra national dates for U13, U15 and U19, a new U21 Cup and a Junior League all in addition to the Nationals. There are also articles around the success of the Home Nations Event with England winning 6 Team Medals and a host of singles and Doubles Golds, World Diabetes Day, Mental Health, a list of 10 SHECoaches, nutrition for the young and the output of a Q and A session by the Board.
1st December, 2023 - Umpiring Opportunities
Umpires are still required for the Veteran and Junior British League second weekends on the 10th/11th February and 17th/18th February respectively. If you are available then please let Jo Outhwaite know, even if only for one day. Her email is
1st December, 2023 - UK Coaching News
For those interested please see recent Coaching Newsletters which is applicable to all Sports. The 011123 Newsletter contains links to details of the finalists for UK Coaching Awards and voting details can be found as follows - 211123 and 301123, and voting closes 4th December. There are also links to resources and in particular on where coaches thrive and on creating an environment for development. Safeguarding resources can be found in the following - 231123.
30th November - Sussex County Season 2023 to 2024 - Mailing Number 2
The second mailing of the season was distributed recently and it can be found here - County Mailing Number 2 - 13th November 2023
21st November, 2023 - County Calendar - Version 3
The County Calendar has now been finalised thanks to Alan Gess, building on previous work by Brett Holt and the latest information. It is subject to change and the Version 3 is as known at this moment in time. Updated versions will appear as news items. Sussex Calendar - Version 3.
19th November, 2023 - Horsham Spinners Senior and Veteran 2 Star - 18th November - Results
The latest Senior and Veteran 2 Star event was held by Horsham Spinners on Saturday 18th November at the Greenways Junior School in Horsham, and a summary of the results can be seen below. Please use the link for further detail.
18.NOV.23 = https://bit.ly/18nov23-hs
16th November, 2023 - Doreen Nightingale
Doren Nightingale passed away on the 31st October in Eastbourne aged 87. She was a Sussex County Life Member for her Services to Eastbourne League and the County and was the Representative for Eastbourne, and she was also heavily involved with the ETTA now TTE.
Please see the obituary for Doreen Nightingale which Diane Webb has written for the TTE website.
16th November, 2023 - Active Sussex News - November
Please see the latest Active Sussex News for November containing articles on the following topics:
- Job opportunity - two Sport Welfare Officer positions
- Join us for our final This Girl Can event of the year!
- Sussex Sport & Physical Activity Awards finalists revealed
- Why should schools and community clubs connect?
- Pedal People recognised in The King's Award
- Health in an Ageing Society - Chief Medical Officer
- Take part in Adult Safeguarding Week 2023
- Do you teach, coach, play or parent children aged 3-5 years old?
- NWG Diversity Forum networking sessions
16th November - Novice Event 18th November - Cancellation
There were only 7 entries for the Novice Event scheduled for Saturday 18th November at the Triangle, and as a result the decision has been taken to cancel the event. The next scheduled Novice Event is at the Triangle Leisure Centre on Saturday 27th January.
14th November, 2023 - Umpiring Opportunities
Umpires are urgently required for the Senior Premier County weekend on 18th and 19th November in Milton Keynes even if it is only for one day. Please also advise if accommodation is required for Saturday night. Also for the Junior Premier County weekend on 15th and 16th December in Wednesbury and again even if it is only for one day. Please also advise if accommodation is required for Saturday night. Replies to
13th November - Worthing TTC - Bribar & Bat Testing & Open Session Day
Worthing TTC are hosting Bribar and the chance to try out a range of Blades and Rubbers followed by an Open Session at the Bohunt School in Worthing. The cost is £5 - see Flyer below:
13th November 2023 - County Championships 2023/2024 - Status
The Over 60's second team were in action on the 28th October in Division 1B at BATTS in Harlow and the Junior third team were in action on the 8th October in Division 2C also at BATTS, and the reports can be found in news items below.
The Cadet first team played on the 21st October at Byng Hall in Tunbridge Wells (won 1, lost 2) and the O60's Premier team played at Milton Keynes on the 5th November (won 1 and lost 2) - details will be available soon.
The status of all teams can be found for all County Championship Teams on the following website:
13th November, 2023 - Latest TTE News
In the latest edition - 10th November - includes articles on British League, following the England Team at the World Schools "Gymnaslade" in Rio, National Championships with Para Jack Hunter-Spirey, separate Women/Girls sessions at a club in Newcastle WTT Events and a request for Officials at Events.
12th November - Novice Event 18th November - Entry Form
A reminder that the next Novice Event for players under 15 is taking place at the Triangle Leisure Centre on Saturday 18th November. Please find the Entry Form. The entry cost is £5 if a player has played in previous Novice Events. This is the last Novice Event until the 27th January.
7th November, 2023 - Level 2 Referee
Calling all Level 1 Referee's. If you are interested in holding the next Level 2 (National) Referee) there will be an exam in Manchester on Saturday 3rd February 2024.
If you would like to take this exam, please could you let Chris Newton know on
We don’t have an exact time for this yet for the exam but its likely to be lunchtime to allow you time to travel over to the venue. The exam will take place during Saturday session at the WTT event England is hosting so you could combine your exam with a day of watching high quality table tennis.
7th November - Private Event Worthing TTC - 1 Star - Bohunt School, Worthing 16th December - Entry Form
Worthing TTC are super excited to announce the very first TTE ranked event run by them on 16th December!
Bohunt Worthing School is an outstanding venue, fitting 10 tables with plenty of court space, allowing for a truly enjoyable and competitive experience.
We're pleased to be running separate events for both genders too!
Please do share within your membership base and we're looking forward to welcoming you to Worthing.
See Flyer below and link to entry form:
7th November, 2023 - Brighton League - Hollingbury Club Annual Chairty Quiz
The Annual Hollingbury Quiz will take place on Sunday 26th November (arrive 7 pm) in the Function Room, Ladies Mile Pub, Patcham.
For those who have not been before it's a great evening and a small auction and raffle is held and it can be guaranteed that there will some excellent prizes.
Money raised from the auction will be donated to the Motor Neurone Disease Association and the money raised from the Quiz and Raffle will be donated to the Rays of Sunshine Charity.
Please let Minesh know if you are coming along either on your own or will be bringing a team (maximum 6 people).
Please let Christine Wicks know of you have contacts who would be willing to donate a prize.
5th November, 2023 - Haywards Heath League - Sunday Night Training and Prizes
To encourage participation in Training Sessions on Sundays (6:40- 8:30), the Club is arranging a monthly competition, with the potential to win worthwhile prizes!
It started Sunday, 29th October with the 1st opportunity to participate.
Please see HHTTC Davis Cup Monthly 2.pdf
5th November 2023 - County Championships 2023/2024 - Over 60's Team - Results
The Over 60's 2nd Team in Division 1 were in action on the 28th October at Batts in Harlow. The team consisting of Fawzi Yousif, Johnny Clarke Tony Catt and Sheila King did not have a good day losing to Bucks 9-1, 10-0 to Surrey 1, and 9-1 to Kent 2. Please click on the links for the Scorecards.
5th November 2023 - County Championships 2023/2024 - Rankings Over 40 and Over 60 Men and Women
5th November - Novice Event 28th October - Results and Entry Form 18th November
The second Novice Event for U15 players was held at the Triangle Leisure Centre on the 28th October. There were 14 players participating in 4 groups with subsequent groups dependent on positions from the first round.. For both there were subsequent play-off;s for the winners runners-up of the groups in both Championship and Consolation. The overall winner was Hoy Wen-Leung with runner-up Nathanael Craig with Zachary Heap and Evie Muggeridge both reaching the semi-finals. For the Consolation, the winner Finley Gomez with Ava Muggeridge runner-up and with Vincent Ridley and Hadrian Pain reaching the semi-finals. The winners, runners-up and 3rd place players all received Certificates presented by James Gorridge, Coach for Simply Table Tennis based in Hastings.
The next Novice Event is planned for Saturday 18th November at the Triangle and please find the Entry Form
The full results can be found on the link below.
28.OCT.23 = https://bit.ly/28oct23-novice
5th November, 2023 - Latest TTE News
For those that are not on the distribution List from TTE, please see recent newsletters - "Over the Net" for weeks ending, 20th October, 27th October and 3rd November. Key news items include a message form Nick Donald, the TTE Chairman, a bulletin from the CEO Adrian Christy (3rd November) and the appointment of Sally Hughes to the European Committee on gender equality (27th October). There are regular reports on British League, and recent events and specific articles on "Managing the menopause with TT", and TT with Parkinson's and invites for questions for Board and Senior Leadership for the 15th November.
24th October - Women and Girls 1 Star Event - 22nd October - Results
Another successful Women and Girls Event was held at the Triangle Leisure Centre on Sunday 22nd October and which was promoted by Sally Hughes. A summary of the results can be found below along with a link to more detail including the score sheets. Besides an Open Event there were Under 21 and Over 21 Events. The next Women and Girls Event in Sussex is scheduled for 16th June, 2024.
22.OCT.23 = https://bit.ly/22oct23-women
23rd October, 2023 - County Championships 2023/2024 - Junior 3rd Team - Results
The Junior 3rd Team in Division 2C played their first matches on Sunday 8th October at Batts in Harlow. Please see the Score Cards. There was a loss to Surrey 3 (4-6), and loss to Kent 2 (7 - 3) and a draw (5 - 5) with Herts> The Sussex players were Monty Mason, Angus Priestley-Toner, Evan Eskine, Kate Smith and Hasali Kurppuarachchi.
21st October - Sussex County Season 2023 to 2024 - Mailing Number 1
The first mailing of the season was distributed recently and it can be found here - County Mailing Number 1 - 11th October 2023
21st October, 2023 - National Council Meeting 21st October - Brief
Further to the news item on the 18th October below and the brief, prepared by Tony Catt, for the first of the TTE National Council Meeting of the season, please find a further Finance Briefing again prepared by Tony Catt on the very recent Finance Report made available by TTE. All the papers for the meeting can be found on the following link: www.tabletennisengland.co.uk/about-us/national-council/national-council-meeting-dates-and-papers/
21st October - County Invitation Event 3rd September – Interim Report
In advance of a full report being prepared, The County Invitation Event was held on Sunday 3rd September at the Triangle Leisure Centre for the Cadet and Junior Boys and Girls only;
Not the first time but a Cadet Boy/Girl won both the Cadet and Junior Events – so gratulations to Ryan Goodier and Kate Smith.
In previous years there has been an Open Draw for the Invitation Event, and there was some adverse feedback to the fact that the outcome this year when it placed all Brighton City Juniors in the same group.
It is hoped that Senior Invitation Event will be held later in the season – there was insufficient suitable players available for this date.
18th October - European TT Union Equality Committee - Sally Hughes
Sally Hughes is very excited to have heard that her application to join the European Table Tennis Union Gender Equality Committee has been successful, and will be in the next TTE Newsletter. She was recently nominated by TTE and the board following her domestic work to provide safe and accessible opportunities for women and girls to play table tennis and she hopes to now to learn from Europe and their extensive experience.
Congratulations to sally and we wish her all the luck in the european TT world.
18th October - Table Tennis Times - Issue 32 -Autumn 2023 Edition
The very latest Summer Edition of the TT Times Issue Number 32 produced by Diane and Harvey Webb. As usual it is packed full of stories and reports and this is a bumper edition for everything that is happening in the Table Tennis World. The topics/contents are as below:
- European Youth Championships, 14th to 23rd July, Gliwice, Poland;
- Wolverhampton Grand Prix, 15th to 16th July;
- Crawley Grand Prix, 16th to 17th September;
- Euro Mini Championships 25th to 27th August, Schiltigheim, France (Ryan Goodier & Bly Twomey);
- Can You Help Michael Loveder - Crowdfunding Request;
- TT Artwork;
- Spotlight on Ian Harrison, England International;
- International School Sport Federation (ISF) World Schools Gymnasiade, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 19th to 27th August (<15 & 18 Sports);
- Euro Para Championships 4th to 9th September, Sheffield (Will Bayley Class 7 Gold & Bly Twomey Class 7 Bronze);
- ITTF AGM & Summit, Bangkok, Thailand, 22nd to 24th August (England awarded Centenary World Championships);
- What Was Happening 20 Years Ago - 2003;
- European Championship Finals, 10th to 17th September, Malmo, Sweden;
- Europe Youth Top 10, 29th September to 1st October, Bucharest, Romania;
- The Good News Page;
- WTT Youth Contender, Tunis, Tunisia, 9th to 12th August;
- WTT Youth Contender, Otocec, Slovenia, 28th August to 3rd September;
- WTT Youth Contender, Podgorica, Montenegro, 4th to 7th October;
- WTT Senior Feeder, Havirov, Czechia, 27th to 30th July;
- WTT Senior Contender, Lima, Peru, 31st July to 6th August;
- WTT Senior Contender, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 7th to 13th August;
- WTT Senior Feeder, Olomouc, Czechia, 22nd to 27th August;
- WTT Senior Star Contender, Lanzhou, China, 2nd to 8th October;
- WTT Senior Feeder, Stockholm, Sweden, 2nd to 7th October;
- WTT Senior Contender, Muscat, Oman, 8th to 14th October;
- Blackpool Junior 4 *, 23rd to 24th September;
- TTE Governance;
- In Memoriam
- Future Dates
18th October, 2023 - National Council Meeting 21st October - Brief
The first of the TTE National Council Meetings is taking place this coming Saturday 21st October. Tony Catt is the Sussex County National Council Representative for Sussex but cannot attend, and Kevin Long as Deputy National Councillor will be attending. Tony has reviewed the papers and prepared a Briefing for Kevin.
18th October, 2023 - Umpiring Opportunities
Please see request/invitation letter for Umpires for Senior Premier and Home Counties International matches at Milton Keynes on the 18th/19th November and in Bangor, North Wales on the 10th to 12th November respectively. If responding to Senior Premier Matches then email
18th October, 2023 - Latest TTE News
For those that are not on the distribution List from TTE, the latest news - "Over the Net" 13th October - contains reports on recent Tournaments, Veteran British League, TTE CEO being awarded Racket Sports CEO of the Year, Ticketing, Mental Health and Volunteering for the local Area organizing groups:
10th October - Novice Event 28th October - Novice Event/Coach CPD - Revised Entry Form
Further to News items below on the 3rd October and 30th September, please find a revised Entry Form for this event which contains as for the 23rd September, the option for Coaching after (around 2 pm) the event and also for CPD for any Coaches willing to assist. The pricing is the same as before - £5 for Novice Event entry, and £10 for the Coaching. If you did not play in the first event and not playing in a League then you will ned to pay a one-off seasonal County Affiliation Fee.
9th October, 2023 - West Sussex Schools Association
Please note that Jim Skinner (Sussex County Chairman) has decided to step back from the West Sussex Schools Association from this year and so will not be involved with the organisation of the Team and Individual Play-Off Events this season (typically held late November and January respectively).
Maureen Hazell remains as lead with Daniel Pound onboard to assist and given that he is a Primary School Teacher he is in the right place. For all enquiries, please use the contact details for Maureen Hazell on the Contact Page.
8th October, 2023 - Latest TTE News
For those that are not on the distribution List from TTE, the latest news - "Over the Net" 6th October - contains following items:
- Reports on recent Senior British League (SBL) Matches;
- News that the new Tournament Structure has been agreed. It shows that the League Cups and County Championships have been retained and for Local and Zonal Opens to be included - you can have a chance to both learn more by registering/attending 2 Forums that have been scheduled - on Tuesday October 17th and Monday October 23rd both at 6pm.
- If you are good at virtual TT - then there is a chance to enter a Challenge;
- Reports on recent Home Counties Veterans TT played in Dublin - Sussex players involved were Rory Scott representing Ireland and part of the Team that won the O40's, and Ritchie Venner for the O50's.
- Invitations requested for SHEcoaches initiative;
- Reports on recent WTT Contender and Feeder Events;
- News of Bly Twomey at the recent Finland Para Open winning Silver in Class 7 Singles - see link: www.tabletennisengland.co.uk/twomey-takes-brilliant-silver-in-finland/ - she is now ranked number 9 in the world! She also won a Bronze Doubles Medal in Class 20RR. Congratulations to Bly.
There are also regular Club and League Updates distributed by TTE. The most recent on the 5th October contained informationon:
- There is considerasble promotion for Clubs to take up TT Kidz as a way of growing a junior section and participation for 7 to 11 year olds - there is a link to register interest;
- Information on Fundraising, Umpire and Coaching Courses;
- News that the Jack Petchey Programmes has obtained funding for 2023/2024 for London and Essex;
- Newscastle Women and Girls has taken off!
- Entries invidted for the National Championships Qualifying - closing date 13th December and 28 players earning the right to go into the main event over the weekend of 6th/7th January;
7th October - Women and Girls 1 Star Event - 22nd October
A reminder that this event is taking place at the Triangle Lesiure Centre, Burgess on the 22nd October. The schedule includes Women and Girls Under 21s & Over 21s in the morning and from 1.45pm Women and Girls Open (All Ages). Please the link on the TTE Website: Events from June 30, 2024 – January 6, 2024 – Table Tennis England.
The Entry Forms are on the TTE Website to be downloaded but can also be found here: Entry Form. The Closing Date is the 15th October.
Previous events held in Sussex and sponsored by TTE via Sally Hughes have been very successful and it is also a chance for those new to Tournaments to enter and gain experience about such events.
6th October 2023 - Website Administration
The site has been off line for some 6 weeks for update of software and apologise to those who have tried to access for information.
Domains - Regarding the website, the Domains - www.sctta.org.uk (and www.sctta.uk) owned by SCTTA, have been recently renewed and the domains expire in 2 years - 31st October 2025. and 28th October 2025 respectively.
Website Hosting - This website is hosted by TSOhost.com against the sctta.org.uk domain and there is an annual charge for the hosting package cPanel Economy at a cost of £57.46 with next renewal now due 11th October, 2024.
Website Secure Certificate - The website www.sctta.org.uk is a secure site (shown by HTTPS (as against HTTP) with an associated Certificate recently renewed at a cost of £59.99 with next renewal due 2nd November, 2024.
Website Changes - The website has been updated with the latest versions of Joomla (Version 4) and TSO Hostinge PNP (Version 8.0.30) using SussexPCWorks. Update to PHP version 8.1 will take place when stable (support for version 8.0.30 ends 26th November, 2023)
3rd October - Coaching - Novice/CPD
At the recent Novice Event on the 23rd September, a Novice Coaching Session took place as agreed at the last County Meeting led by Matt Porter, the new County Development Officer. In total there were 16 Cadets who participated along with 5 Coaches (3 from Hastings, 1 from Worthing and 1 from South West Sussex). Over 2 hours there was information on Basic/Technique strokes, Goal Setting, Constructive Challenges as well as fun Games with Matt Porter leading initially with other Coaches subsequently. This was not a CPD workshop for coaches but an opportunity for coaches to gain confidence. There were some 12 parents in attendance who all thought the coaching was fantastic and there was good feedback from the young players, and although individual feedback was wanted it was not seen as the appropriate environment for this.
30th September - Novice Events - Future Planned & Entry Form
Further Novice Events, which are all at the Triangle Leisure Centre, are planned for 28th October, 18th November, 13th January and 17th February (subject to change). A further date of 18th May is also planned but is also currently subject to change with venue yet to be confirmed and it may change to June. Please find the Entry Form (see later one above) for the 28th October Event at the Triangle Leisure Centre. There may be a Coaching/Coach CPD Session after the event similar to what took place on the 23rd September but this has yet to be confirmed.
30th September - Novice Event 23rd September - Results
The first Novice Event for U15 players was held at the Triangle Leisure Centre on the 23rd September. There were 16 players participating in 4 groups of 4 with subsequent 2 groups of 4 for those finishing 1st and 2nd for the Championship and also 2 groups o 4 for those finishing 3rd and 4th for the Consolation. In both there were subsequent play-off;s for the winners of the groups in both Championship and Consolation. The overall winner was Hoy Wen-Leung with runner-up Herbie Gregory with Samson Koo and Ylan Lietz-Simth both reaching the semi-finals. For the Consolation, the winner Beau Larkin with Finley Gomez runner-up and with Leonardo Rose and Ryan Fryer reaching the semi-finals. The winners, runners-up and 3rd place players all received Certificates presented by Chris Newberry, Chairman of the South West Sussex League,
The full results can be found on the link below.
23.SEP.23 = https://bit.ly/23sep23-sctta
30th September - Sussex County - new Treasurer
John Ledward, who is currently the Brighton League Treasuer, has agreed to take on the County Treasurer role replacing Tony Anderson who stood down at the last AGM. Thanks go to Tony who was in the role for some 7 years and a huge welcome to John Ledward who agreed subsequent to the AGM. The change is currently taking place but hopefully all will be completed by the end of September.
30th September - Sussex County - Management Meeting 4th September - Key Points
The first Management Meeting of the season took place on Monday 4th September in the Yarrow Room at the Lewes Town Hall; The following Key Points were noted:
- Discussion around proposed CPD for Coaches - agreed should take place with costs for each workshop agreed in advance, and individual needs of Coaches within catchment areas accommodated;
- Statements made by Chairman regarding some issues that had not only taken up considerable time but also impacted on the planning for the season;
- New Treasurer proposed and agreed (see news items above);
- Reports on Coaching Session 2nd September and Invitation Event 3rd September;
- Problems with the booking of venues for future County Coaching and Novice Events;
- Development Plans - Slide Pack had been distributed for review and feedback:
- Seen as the start of discussions for proposed pathways for young players;
- Coaching CPD - Opportunity seen to include a Taster sessions with Coaches post the Novice Event planned for the 23rd September:
- Discussion on the Taster Session and points made were noted;
- In summary it was agreed that the Taster Session should go-ahead with pricing for just one event;
- County Championship and County Officers Expense Policy review deferred to a separate Zoom Meeting;
30th September - Sussex County - AGM 24th July - Key Points
The Sussex County TT Association AGM was held on the 24th July in the Yarrow Room at the Lewes Town Hall and there were 28 people in attendance. Key Points from the meeting as follows:
- Consolidated Report had been produced and circulated prior to the Meeting;
- Report and Accounts still with Auditors and were circulated at the Meeting (note no issues from Audit);
- £35K income was due to bequest;
- Discussion on Multi-League Players paying multiple affiliation fee - Multi - League Players Report prepared by Chairman which was circulated - in the event Articale 7.3.2 details players liable for each league played in;
- Summary of Affiliations for each league circulated
- Proposal by Treasurer for increase in Affiliation Fee (from £10 to £12 Adults and £5 to £6) showed clear majority to remain unchanged;
- Review of Constitution to be drafted by Kevin Long, Hastings;
- Election of Officers - President (Laurie Holland) and Vice Presidents relected;
- There were no new proposed Life Members and Vice Presidents;
- List of Officers elected as shown on Contacts Page - Development Officer role taken up by Matt Porter;
30th September 2023 - Matthew Porter Coaching Opportunities
Please see below 3 forthcoming Coaching Sessions being run by Matthew Porter and taking place at the Hollingbury Club venue on the 14th October and at Worthing TTC on the 26th and 29th October:
14th October - Intro to Service and Return (Hollingbury TTC) - 4 pm to 6 pm;
26th October - Half Term Training Camp (Worthing TTC) -10am to 3 pm;
29th October - Service & Return Training Camp (Worthing TTC) - 9 am to Noon, and 12.30 pm 3.30 pm
18th September 2023 - Bryant & Gertsen Coaching Opportunities
Another of their popular Training Camps is scheduled for the 27th to 29th October in Grantham and is already two-thirds full - booking closes on the 16th October. More detail and entry details can be found here with additional a video of what goes on in a Training Camp here. Additionaly Craig Bryant offers to come to your venue for Training Days with focus on Service as a speciality. In addition, Matthew Porter who is very active in Worthing, has arranged another Coaching Session in partnership with the Hollingbury Club in Brighton for Hollingbury Club League Players on the 14th October from 4 pm to 6 pm for a cost of £10.
18th September, 2023 - Latest Active Sussex Education News (All Sports)
Please see the Active Sussex Education News which is sent to all schools in Sussex. If there is a Table Tennis News Item which you need to get to Schools then this is a good communication method.
18th September 2023 - Horsham Spinners Senior and Veteran 2 Star Event - 10th September - Results
The first Horsham Spinners Senior and Veteran 2* event of the season took place at the Warden Park Academy Sports Hall on Sunday 10th September. A summary of the results can be found below along with a link to all the scoresheets.
Sunday, 10th September 2023 - The Manor UK - 10.SEP.23 | HS Senior/Veteran 2* (google.com)
18th September 2023 - Horsham Spinners Cadet and Junior 2 Star Event - 9th September - Results
The first Horsham Spinners Cadet and Junior 2* event of the season took place at the Warden Park Academy Sports Hall on Saturday the 9th September. A summary of the results can be found below along with a link to all the scoresheets.
Saturday, 8th September 2023 - https://sites.google.com/view/the-manor-uk/9-sep-23-hs-cadetjunior-2
August 2023 - County Championships 2023/2024 - Draft Fixtures
The draft fixtures have been published and for the Sussex Teams the latest information is as follows:
NOTE that other than for Premier Division Fixtures, dates subject to change also.
- Sussex 1 - Premier Division - 24th/25th February, Venue Wood Green, Wednesbury;
- Sussex 2 - Division 1BA - Saturday 21st October (Venue TBC), Sunday 21st January (Venue TBC) and Sunday 25th February (Venue TBC);
- Junior 1 & Junior 2 - Division 1B - Sunday 8th October (Venue TBC), Saturday 25th November (Venue TBC) and Sunday 17th March (Venue TBC)
- Junior 3 - Division 2C - Sunday 8th October (Venue TBC), Saturday 25th November (Venue TBC) and Sunday 17th March (Venue TBC)
- Senior 1 - Premier - Saturday/Sunday 18th/19th November (Milton Keynes TTC), and Saturday/Sunday 3rd/4th February (Draycott TTC, Derbyshire);
- Senior 2 - Division 1B - Sunday 19th November (Venue TBC), Saturday 3rd February (Venue TBC), and Saturday 9th March (Venue TBC);
- Senior 3 - Division 2B - Sunday 19th November (Venue TBC), Saturday 3rd February (Venue TBC), and Saturday 9th March (Venue TBC);
- Veteran 1 - Premier - Saturday/Sunday 2nd/3rd December (Ashford TTC), and Saturday/Sunday 27th/28th January (Draycott TTC, Derbyshire);
- Veteran 2 & 3 - Divisions 2C - Saturday 2nd December (Venue TBC), Saturday 27th January (Venue TBC), and Saturday 13th April (Venue TBC);
- Over 60's 1 - Premier - Saturday/Sunday 4th/5th December (Milton Keynes TTC), and Saturday/Sunday 9th/10th March (Milton Keynes TTC);
- Over 60's 2 - Division 1B - Saturday 28th October (Venue TBC), Saturday 16th December (Venue TBC), and Saturday 17th February (Venue TBC);
Please see further Information and where there are further links to the dedicated TT League Manager for the Competition. Updates on Fixtures, Venues and subsequently Results can be viewed. For ease of reference the link is as follows: https://countychampionships.ttleagues.com/
August 2023 - Season 2022/2023 - County Mailing Number 11 - June 2023
The latest Sussex County Mailing has been distributed to Life Members, Vice Presidents, and lots of interested people within Sussex. The mailing can be seen below and if you want to be on the distribution list then please let me know or advise your League Representative. Sussex County Mailing Number 11
9th August - Archived News Items
All the News Items from this Page for the period January 2023 to June 2023 have been archived and can be found on the Archive Page. For ease of reference, it can be found as follows:
28th July - Table Tennis Times - Issue 31 - Summer 2023 Edition
The very latest Summer Edition of the TT Times Issue Number 31 produced by Diane and Harvey Webb. As usual it is packed full of stories and reports and this is a bumper edition for everything that is happening in the Table Tennis World. The topics/contents are as below:
- Cadet U17 & Junior National Cup – 29th – 30th April, University of Nottingham
- The Rise and Fall of a Table Tennis Superhero by Graham Frankel
- Senior British League Cup 4th June, BATTS, Harlow
- European U21 Championships, 5th – 9th April, Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina
- British Para National Championships, 22nd – 23rd April, Sheffield
- European Championship Qualifiers: Women’s Team, 5th – 6th May, Osijek, Croatia
- The Good News Page
- World Championships, Durban, South Africa, 20th – 28th May
- European Games, 23rd June – 2nd July, Krakow, Poland
- Jersey Satellite Grand Prix, 7th – 9th April
- TTE Governance
- ITTF Governance
- Cadet National Cup, 13th – 14th May, Plymouth
- Junior National Cup, 17th – 18th June, BATTS, Harlow
- WTT Senior Events – WTT Champions: Xinxiang, China, 9th – 15th April
- WTT Senior Events – WTT Champions: Macao, China, 17th – 23rd April
- WTT Star Contender: Bangkok, Thailand: 23rd – 29th April
- WTT Contender: Lagos, Nigeria, 12th – 18th June
- WTT Star Contender: Ljubljana, Slovenia: 3rd – 9th July
- Reunion of some of Table Tennis Greats
- What Was Happening 90 Years Ago? 1933
- England Senior International Caps Project
- English Leagues Cup Competition Finals 3rd – 4th June: Draycott * Long Eaton TTC
- London Grand Prix: 27th- 28th May
- Gloucester Grand Prix: 24th – 25th June
- Ping Pong Diplomacy by Harvey Webb
- European Youth Championships (EYC): 14th – 23rd July, Gliwice, Poland
- Under 11-Under 13 National Championships: 10th – 11th June, Wolverhampton
- European Under 13 Championships: Zagreb, Croatia: 14th – 18th June
- WTT Youth Contender: Berlin: 27th March – 2nd April
- WTT Youth Contender: Wladyslawowa, Poland: 27th March – 2nd April
- WTT Youth Contender: Metz, France: 17th – 23rd April
- WTT Youth Contender: Spa, Belgium: 17th – 23rd April
- WTT Youth Contender: Girona, Spain: 10th – 16th May
- WTT Youth Contender: Panagyurishte, Bulgaria: 15th – 21st May
- WTT Youth Contender: Havirov, Czech Republic: 29th My – 4th June
- In Memoriam – Diane Scholer (Rowe) & Mike Short
- European Veterans Championships: 26th June – 1st July, Sandefjord, Norway
- TTE Members Meeting, AGM & Chairman’s Appointment Discussion: 8th July
- Future Dates – Domestic, International & WTT
28th July 2023 - Horsham Spinners Senior and Veteran 2 Star Event - 9th July - Results
The seventh Horsham Spinners Senior and Veteran of the this season was held at the Triangle Leisure Centre on the 9th July. Please below a summary of the results with a link to more detail.
Sunday, 9th June 2023 = https://bit.ly/9jul23-hs
28th July 2023 - Horsham Spinners Cadet and Junior 2 Star Event - 8th July - Results
The ninth Horsham Spinners Cadet and Junior 2* event of the season took place at the Triangle Leisure Centre on the 8th July. The results can be found in summary below along with a link to all the scoresheets.
Saturday, 8th July 2023 = https://bit.ly/8jul23-hs
28th July 2023 - UK Coaching News (All Sports)
Please see Issues 29th June - 290623 - and the 5th July - 050723.The focus for the 29th June is an interactive Q&A session with Max Whitlock, OBE around mental health - not exactly live since you choose a question from a number of options and you a pre-recorded answer. There are resources around the subject but you need to be a member. In the 5th July issue there is news of nominations now open for various coaching Awards for which the closing date is the 4th September, and there is news of the opening of a "Duty to Care" Hub, another interactive video this time with Kelly Holmes and also various videos with the techniques of coaching children with the "Play Their Way" initiative.
5th July -Sussex County TT Association - AGM - 24th July
The Sussex County AGM has been set for Monday 24th July in the Yarrow Room, Lewes Town Hall on Monday 24th July starting at 7 pm. Please see Agenda and I hope you can come along and make your views known and indicate what you would like your County to do for you. Reports from the various Officers and Leagues will be available in due course. If you wish to participate in County activities then please let me (jim Skinner) know on 07540 832096. In particular we need a Treasurer with Tony Anderson stepping down after 5 years and we also need a Secretary. We have funds for development activities but need the resources to deliver them.
5th July - Women and Girls 2 Star Event - 1st July - Results
There was a fantastic entry for the Women and Girls event held at the Triangle Leisure Centre on the 1st July. The event was promoted and organised by Sally Hughes with much help and assistance from Brett Holt and Matthew Porter and held under the Sussex Banner. Unfortunately, yours truly could not make it on the day as part of the ornaising team since away Sailing (which was not planned when this event was scheduled!)
Please find the Results below with a link to the detail.
Saturday, 1st July 2023 = https://bit.ly/1jul23-women
5th July, 2023 - Member Elected Director - Congratulations to Sally Hughes
Please see Letter from TTE confirming that Sally Hughes has been elected as a Member Elected Director for the next 4 years. Huge congratulations to Sally and along with Ritchie Venner and Ray James who have Sussex roots, the County is well represented on the TTE Board. No doubt Sally will continue to champion Women & Girls amongst other things.
5th July, 2023 - Latest Active Sussex Education News (All Sports)
Please see the Active Sussex eNews for June, details of the Booking for the National Conference at the AMEX Stadium on Tuesday 19th September, and the latest Disabilioty News for June in particular for an Open Day at the K2, Crawley on Sunday 16th July.
5th July 2023 - Hastings League - Bexhill Club - Junior Tournament 17th June - Report
Please see Report, prepared by Kevin Long, of another Junior Tournament hosted by the Bexhillians Club in Hastings.
The next similar event is taking place in Hastings on the 15th July in various age categories and if interested then please indicate to Kevin Long on
5th July 2023 - Horsham Spinners Cadet and Junior 2 Star Event - 18th June - Results
The eigth Horsham Spinners Cadet and Junior 2* event of the season took place at the Triangle Leisure Centre on the 18th June. The results can be found in summary below along with a link to all the scoresheets.
Sunday, 18th June 2023 = https://bit.ly/18jun23-hs
NEXT TOURNAMENT = Saturday, 8th July 2023 = https://www.tabletennisengland.co.uk/event/topspin-sports-horsham-spinners-u12-u13-u14-u15-u18-u19-2-8/
5th July 2023 - Horsham Spinners Senior and Veteran 2 Star Event - 17th June - Results
The sixth Horsham Spinners Senior and Veteran of the this season was held at the Triangle Leisure Centre on the 17th June. Please below a summary of the results with a link to more detail.
Saturday, 17th June 2023 = https://bit.ly/17jun23-hs
NEXT TOURNAMENT = Sunday, 9th July 2023 = https://www.tabletennisengland.co.uk/event/topspin-sports-horsham-spinners-senior-veteran-open-2/
Sussex County Development
County Plan Season 2023/2024
Update in progress
Sussex County Table Tennis Association
The SCTTA is affiliated to the Table Tennis England (TTE) and represents 9 leagues within Sussex with 969 (of which 72 were Junior) affiliated league playing members in the 2019/2020 Season. The SCTTA is a non profit making organisation and through affiliation fees paid by Players in the Sussex Leagues supports a number of County Teams at Cadet, Junior, Senior and Veteran level. Last Season 12 Teams were entered in the various categories with the Senior Team winning the Premier Division. The County also runs events each year such as Sussex Closed, Invitation Event (top 8 in various categories), and in the recent past have run regular Coaching Sessions and 2* Events.
The County Management Committee are all Volunteers and meet around 6 times a year along with an AGM. If you wish to assist and Volunteer then please contact me as below.
County Safeguarding Policies and Statements
In the context of the need recognised for a County Complaints Procedure to be available, the County "Safeguarding Policy & Protection of Vulnerable Adults Policy" and the "Child Safeguarding Policy Statement" were reviewed at the County Meeting on the 25th March, 2019. In the main they were updated to reflect TTE and associated documents and to include reference to County using only Licensed Coaches along with ensuring DBS Checks have been carried out for all relevant County Officers as being aware of Social Media implications. It should be noted that Leagues and Clubs should have something similar or at least reference to these. These Policies are in addition to the County Constitution and will be referred to by a proposed rules change.